This document details how to download and install the python agent. Before installing the agent, review the requirements below.
To use the python agent you will need:
- Python 2.7+
If you are using windows, we currently only support python 3.6+. If you would like additional support please add a request on our roadmap
- Install the NerdVision module
pip install nerdvision
- As early in the python app as possible add
- Replacing the 'API_KEY' with the api key from NerdVision Account
For more assistance please see our setup guide.
The NerdVision python agent is available on PyPI
After you install the agent, here are some suggestions for what to do next:
- Login to NerdVision and create a workspace for your app.
- Set a tracepoint on a line of real code (not comments) by clicking in the gutter.
- Execute an action in the app that will cause the tracepoint to fire and a snapshot should arrive.
- Look at the snapshot to see what live data from you app looks like.
- Debug all your apps!