This document details how to download and install the Python agent. Before installing the agent, review the requirements below.
To use the Python agent you will need:
- Python 2.7+
If you are using windows, we currently only support Python 3.6+. If you would like additional support please add a request on our roadmap
- Install the NerdVision module
pip install nerdvision
- As early in the Python app as possible add
- Replacing the 'API_KEY' with the API key from NerdVision Account
The NerdVision Python agent is available on PyPI
After you install the agent, here are some suggestions for what to do next:
- Login to NerdVision and create a workspace for your app.
- Set a tracepoint on a line of real code (not comments) by clicking in the gutter.
- Execute an action in the app that will cause the tracepoint to fire and a snapshot should arrive.
- Look at the snapshot to see what live data from you app looks like.
- Debug all your apps!