This document details how to download and install the python agent. Before installing the agent, review the requirements below.
To use the python agent you will need:
- Python 2.7+
If you are using windows, we currently only support python 3.6+. If you would like additional support please add a request on our roadmap
- Install the nerdvision module
pip install nerdvision
- As early in the python app as possible add
- Replacing the 'API_KEY' with the api key from NerdVision Account
The nerd.vision python agent is available on PyPI
After you install the agent, here are some suggestions for what to do next:
- Login to nerd.vision and create a workspace for your app.
- Set a tracepoint on a line of real code (not comments) by clicking in the gutter.
- Execute an action in the app that will cause the tracepoint to fire and a snapshot should arrive.
- Look at the snapshot to see what live data from you app looks like.
- Debug all your apps!