This document details how to download and install the Java agent. Before installing the agent, review the Java agent requirements below.
The NerdVision java agent requires:
- java 1.7+
- Download the latest agent from maven central
- note the name and path of the file after download
- Add this command to the java arguments
[API_KEY] (including the ) with your api key from accounts
A full list of versions can be seen on maven central
For more assistance please see our setup guide.
- The agent is available in maven central
To see what options are available for configuring the agent see Configuration
After you install the agent, here are some suggestions for what to do next:
- Login to NerdVision and create a workspace for your app.
- Set a tracepoint on a line of real code (not comments) by clicking in the gutter.
- Execute an action in the app that will cause the tracepoint to fire and a snapshot should arrive.
- Look at the snapshot to see what live data from you app looks like.
- Debug all your apps!