This document details how to download and install the Java agent. Before installing the agent, review the Java agent requirements below.
The NerdVision Java agent requires:
- Java 1.7+
Download the latest Java agent from maven central
Check file name
The file name after the download will include the version number. Please ensure you rename the file to match that which is added to the JVM config.
- Add this command to the Java arguments
- Replace the
[API_KEY](including the ) with your API key from accounts
To see what options are available for configuring the agent see Configuration
After you install the agent, here are some suggestions for what to do next:
- Login to NerdVision and create a workspace for your app.
- Set a tracepoint on a line of real code (not comments) by clicking in the gutter.
- Execute an action in the app that will cause the tracepoint to fire and a snapshot should arrive.
- Look at the snapshot to see what live data from you app looks like.
- Debug all your apps!